Membership of Proteus is open to extractives companies. Through Proteus, the Members are able to:
- Access the best available global data on protected areas, threatened species, areas important for biodiversity, and critical marine and coastal ecosystems.
- Use consistent biodiversity datasets and tools to inform corporate environmental policy and subsequent decisions, conduct biodiversity risk profiling, implement key elements of the mitigation hierarchy (including offset site selection), develop biodiversity action plans, adhere to international performance standards and report on global footprint.
- Receive tailored technical assistance and training to help your organisation manipulate and interpret biodiversity data and understand, plan for, and manage potential biodiversity impact.
- Gain up-to-date insight and advice on the global biodiversity agenda and its relevance to business.
- Work directly with UNEP’s specialist biodiversity assessment arm and network with like-minded companies and biodiversity and ecosystem services experts convened through UNEP-WCMC.
- Contribute to the Proteus work programme and identify priorities for data collection.
What some of our Members have to say:
“The partnerships and tools provided by UNEP-WCMC, through Proteus and IBAT, are invaluable to us and our projects for optimal biodiversity management.” Steven Dickinson, Total
"The IBAT tool and the knowledge sharing opportunities available through the Proteus Partnership are making a real contribution to the management of biodiversity issues within our oil and gas operations worldwide."
Paola Maria Pedroni, eni
”For BG Group, membership of Proteus and access to the tools it offers such as IBAT have proved invaluable in helping us identify and properly manage our potential impacts on biodiversity. We carefully consider our interaction with biodiversity in all our operations worldwide and IBAT is a unique tool that enables us to do that quickly and efficiently. It has become a “must have” tool for us!” Charles Wood, BG Group.
Download a Proteus brochure here.
For more information, contact the Business and Biodiversity team at UNEP-WCMC: firstname.lastname@example.org